Sunday Religious Exploration for Children and Youth
Kate Raymond, Director of Lifespan Learning & Religious Exploration
Sunday Religious Exploration (RE) Groups
Children and youth make friends, explore religious ideas and spiritual practices, learn UU values and history, and are able to be of service. The groups emphasize creative, hands-on, cooperative learning, and are facilitated by teachers as loving guides.
Father's Day through Labor Day
10am Children's Religious Exploration with Summer Guest Stars. Youth are invited to join worship or help in the Bridgehouse.
Fall through Spring Schedule:
- Under Age 5: Nursery care in the bridgehouse, 9:15-10:15am & 11:15am-12:15pm
- UU Kids! (PreK-6th): bridgehouse, 9:15-10:15am
- K-1: Rainbows, bridgehouse, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Grades 1-3: Explorers, bridgehouse, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Grades 4-5: Chalice Council, bridgehouse, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Grades 7-8: YUUth, library, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Grades 6-9th MUUGs, library, 11:15am-12:15pm
- Grades 9-12: UNIQUE Youth, cottage, 11am-1pm, 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is lifespan sexuality education that helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. Grounded in a holistic view of sexuality, Our Whole Lives not only provides facts about anatomy and human development, but also helps participants clarify their values, build interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, and social aspects of sexuality. It is offered every other year to grades 7-9, and occasionally to other age groups.
Register your teen for OWL 2011-12
The Coming of Age program is offered every other year to grades 7-9. This year-long program marks the transition from childhood to young adulthood. Youth are paired with adult mentors; discussions and retreats emphasize self-awareness; service is performed to the church and community; the year culminates in an affirming worship service.